The final victim of the Green Island Boxing Day boating accident has been named as father of three Robert Holden as his grieving family revealed how his final messages sparked the rescue effort.

The 48-year-old was the last victim to be identified, after two other men who died in the incident were named as Queensland Reds stars David “Mario” Logan and Stephen “Taity” Tait.

WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: Queensland’s Christmas storms claim seven lives.

Watch the latest news and stream for free on 7plus >>

Emergency services were called just before 5.30pm Tuesday after a large motorboat overturned south of Green Island, Moreton Bay with 11 people on board.

While eight were recovered quickly, three men aboard the boat remained missing, prompting a major search and rescue mission including water police, police divers, volunteer marine rescue and coast guard personnel.

Holden was named in a GoFundMe created to help financially assist Holden’s wife and their three children.

The post said Holden had alerted family of the accident while trapped inside the overturned boat.

“The sudden and unexpected capsizing of the 39-foot vessel in wild wind gusts and a fierce storm, took the lives of three of the eleven men on board, including Rob,” Sandra Morse said.

Robert Holden alerted family to the boat accident, saving the lives of his friends. Credit: GoFundMe

“Broken and scattered calls and SMSs made by Rob to his wife and daughter from under the upturned vessel sparked the emergency call to the Marine Rescue, resulting in the quick response and rescue of his mates.

“Devastatingly, Rob was unable to be recovered alive from the stricken vessel.”

“Friends and family remember Rob as an exceptionally caring and attentive husband and father, always putting his family first.”

Holden’s wife Michelle told The Courier Mail about her desperate attempts to get in touch with him as she saw the weather coming in.

She also revealed that the boat belonged to the brother of one of the other victims.

Boat owner Graham Tait’s two brothers, Andrew and Stephen Tait, were on board when the boat sank — claiming the life of Stephen.

Rob Holden had been friends with the Taits for decades and the group of 11 had been on an annual fishing trip, the Courier Mail reported.

“I had messaged Rob saying ‘there’s a bad storm coming honey, I’m worried, are you still out on the water?’ and he said ‘yes we are, it may be safer for us to stay here’,” Michelle told The Courier Mail.

“I sent him a picture of the (radar) and said ‘I don’t think so’ and then I didn’t hear from him until about 5pm.”

Holden phoned Michelle at 5pm, but she couldn’t hear him on the other end. She hung up and called him back, but had no answer.

“He was on the phone to my daughter,” Michelle said.

“My daughter called me and said ‘did you have a weird phone call from dad’ – I said ‘yes … what’s happened?’”

“She said to me, ‘Mum, it sounded to me like he was under a heap of blankets’.”

Holden’s family immediately contacted the coast guard, but it was too late to save the three men who were found trapped in the hull.

Holden’s son Joshua said his father died a hero trying to help others.

“He was reliable, trustworthy and a good man through thick and thin,” Joshua said.

“Our father was a great man who always put others needs above himself.”

Mary river deaths

A woman who drowned after being swept away in stormwater after a series of severe storms struck Queensland over the Christmas period has also been identified.

Tanya Hehir, 46, was exploring a stormwater drain in Gympie known as the “Love Tunnel”, popular among urban adventurers, with two other women about 2.30pm on Tuesday.

Tanya Hehir was exploring a Gympie stormwater drain with friends when they were swept into the Mary River. Credit: Facebook

A severe thunderstorm hit the area shortly after Hehir and her group began exploring the tunnel, with a reported 18mm of rain falling in a short amount of time, flooding the tunnel and sweeping the group out into the Mary River.

Another 46-year-old woman managed to reach the river bank and call for help.

Search and rescue teams found the body of a 40-year-old woman about 7pm on Tuesday.

Hehir’s body was found about midday on Wednesday.

Heir was an avid runner and active member of the Gympie Hash House Harriers running group.